Monday, December 31, 2012

Loving Ella

      We have made a lot of progress over the last couple of days. Our sweet Ella seems to be bonding very well with us. I was very happy today when our guide picked her up and started talking to her in Chinese. This is the language she knows and it was coming from a familiar face. Ella arched her back and began to cry. When I reached for her she calmed down quickly. I think our guide, Rebecca, was even impressed. I would like to say she knows her mothers touch and that I am a natural but I honestly believe this is God answering the prayers I have prayed and many of you have prayed for so long. The one thing I was really nervous about was that she wouldn't be able to except the hugs, kisses and love that I so desperately have waited to give. Thank God that she not only excepts them but loves them. She giggles and lights up every time I kiss her chubby cheeks. Such a wonderful answer to prayer!
     Last night was the first night that she laid completely relaxed on Brandon's chest. She was comfortable and peaceful. It made my heart very heavy and sad to think that this was the first time in her life she relaxed in her fathers arms and that there are millions of children who just need a parent to love and hold them. When I shared this on Facebook I was reminded by friends that many of us are struggling with life and trying to figure things out on our own but all we have to do is just relax in our Heavenly Fathers arms. He is their wanting to adopt us into His family and it is up to us not only to become part of His family but to also take the next step and trust Him with our life and completely let Him take over and rest in His arms. I am learning so much through this little child already. 


Romans 8:15-16 (NIV)
15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry,“Abba, Father.” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.








No comments:

Post a Comment