Friday, December 21, 2012

Sleepless in Louyang!

Well I have been wide awake since 4am and Meredith is still sound asleep so I figured I would make my first blog post. The past few days have been an unbelievable experience. It was just over a year ago that I thought our family was complete. God, however, had other plans and now here I sit only one year later in Louyang, China at Maria's Big House of Hope. We have had the opportunity to meet and play with some very amazing little kids. The joy on their faces when we are playing with them is unlike anything I can describe. Each one of these kids has different medical issues and most are still waiting on forever families. There are many that Meredith and I have already become attached to in only one short day. My prayer is that each one of these precious children finds a forever home so that one day each one of them will be able to have that special love from a mother and father. After seeing each one of these little kids I would love to bring them all home. Obviously, that's not possible as we each can only do our little part. Meredith and I have said from the beginning that we thought to ourselves, "if not me then who?" Its like this good analogy I heard a few days ago referring to adoption......"you are walking down a beach full of starfish that have been pushed up on the beach. You would love to pick up all of them but its just not possible so you reach down pick up one and throw it back in the water. For that one star fish you just made a tremendous difference in its life. You could have continued on your path along the beach without doing anything but you decided to stop, take a few moments and make the difference for one." It's the same thing with adoption. There are millions of children across the world that just need that one person to stop, listen to what God is calling them to do and then act on it. It may be a just a simple pray for the millions of orphans or by helping through financial support/donations or it may be heading to the other side of the world to pick up your little girl that will make your family complete! God calls each of us to do different things and I pray that you will listen to what He is calling you to do and act on it! I promise you that know matter what God calls you to do, He will follow through to the completion.

We fly out tonight headed for Guangzhou. Our last stopping point and where we will be the next few weeks. Only 3 more days until I get to hold my daughter in my arms! God is AMAZING! Please continue to pray for us as we travel.
Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment