Monday, December 17, 2012

Leaving on a jet plane...


     I honestly can't believe I am finally writing this post! Today has been a world wind of emotion! My heart is hurting because Cooper and Avery have the flu. It would be hard enough to leave them for seventeen days but leaving them and knowing their sick makes my heart hurt. Cooper is better but Avery's fever is up again. :( Pray for this mom's heart.
     On the other hand, I am so excited! After a year long journey... We finally get to go! I can't wait to hold her, kiss her, and take in everything about her! She is so loved, so wanted, and so prayed for! We are such a blessed family to be able to welcome a sweet child into our family. She will change us for the better.
     As I am writing this as we are 8 hours away from a really long trip! We will be traveling for 25 hours and will lose half a day in the process. We are flying into Beijing and meeting my dear friend Rebecca and her fiancée Mikey. We will tour the Great Wall of China and then fly into Luoyang. I can't wait to visit all the beautiful children at Maria's Big House of Hope. This is something I have wanted to do for a couple of years. So happy God has given us this amazing opportunity.
     We will arrive in Guangdong on the 22 and meet Ella on the 24. What a wonderful Christmas present! I think it is very appropriate to receive her on the eve of Christmas. I feel like she is truly sent from up above.
     I will do my best to blog and keep this updated. Internet may be a little difficult but we will see. Well.... Here we go!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi I am one of Ashley Fairley friends. I wanted to send our love and well wishes for you adoption Journey! We brought home our son, from China in Feb 2011. Gotcha day was on the 13th and when we awoke on valentines day he was in our arms! Its such an awesome experience and has really made that time of the year super special. I know Christmas now will take on a different meaning for your family. Adoption is awesome, You will be amazed at the power of God and unconditional love that occurs during the process . I am here to help if you have any questions. Your family is in our prayers. This has been such a wonderful journey for us and I pray the same blessing for yours. We hope to head back to China within the year or so for another adoption! Here's our adoption story video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcPlWFBrvr8

    ReplyDelete