Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Travel Plans

     Well we finally got everything together. To be honest yesterday was really hard! We found out that we couldn't get a consulate appointment until January 2. Needless to say I lost it on the phone when my precious social worker called. I love that lady dearly and I was a complete mess! My head knew that this didn't take Him by surprise but my heart was aching! Another week without her... Torchure.
      We are leaving December 18. We will fly into Beijing and meet my sweet friend Rebecca. We are going to stay with her at the big blue house for a couple of days. Marie's Big House of Hope is in Luoyang, China. It is part of Show Hope - New Hope. It was founded by Steven Curtis Chapman. If you have never checked them out visit www.showhope.com They are a wonderful organization and I am thrilled to get to spend some time with a dear friend and love on some sweet babies who are still waiting for their forever family. It is going to be so hard not to bring them all back! From the beginning I have hoped for this opportunity and I am so glad God has allowed us the time and means to embark on this journey. Super excited!
     We will arrive in Guangdong, China on December 22. For the most part we will spend the remainder of our trip there. Gotcha day will be on Christmas Eve and that means I will be waking up to my babies precious face Christmas morning. Can you say the best present ever!!! It doesn't get much better. We will depart for home on January 4.
     Yes, it's 17 long days without Cooper and Avery. We will not be home for Christmas or New Years. Price wise, as my travel agent said, "those are the worst possible days to fly." I am not an adventurous eater and the list could go on. BUT, we will be getting an awesome gift! In the end She will make it all worth the roller coaster ride of emotions. Not to mention I will be a few pounds lighter. :)
      God has provided all we have needed! How awesome is it we can say we are very close to meeting our financial goal. At the beginning of this journey it looked very unlikely we would make this $40,000ish journey without a large debt to pay off at the end. Praise God I can say it has been paid! Can't tell you in great detail the many who have made this possible but every time we needed to make a payment it was there. We never had to stress over the financial questions, He showed up just in time. It has been amazing to watch the body of Christ pull together.
     So the official count down is on. We are China bound in 12 days!!!! Yay!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment