Monday, November 26, 2012

Come Quickly

      Today has been really hard for us. I know that it has especially been hard for me! I have done really well up until this point but the waves of emotion have finally met there limit and are spilling out all over the place. We haven't received travel approval yet and it has been really hard. It has been nine days and counting. The average wait time is around 14. I know, I know, it hasn't been that long, but for me it seems like forever. Our chances of getting to China and back home for Christmas are now very slim.
      I would not mind at all to spend Christmas overseas with our new little one as long as we were together as a complete family of five. But it looks like we won't be ALL together. We are planning on traveling as soon as possible regardless. Cooper and Avery will be staying with both of our parents during our travel. They have graciously offered to keep them at our home in order to help maintain some type of routine. Kind of funny... Normal Routine and Grandparents really don't mix. :) I am sure it will be very fun for all involved! Santa will just have to make a special trip this year to the Greer's house to deliver presents to all three children.
      There are lots of families who will not be ALL together for Christmas. Some who are missing loved ones serving overseas, some who have lost loved ones this year, and those of us who are waiting anxiously for a little one to come and complete our family. I know first hand missing and longing for someone is hard. It really makes me think of the way Christ must hurt and long for His children who are lost. My pain, heartache, and love is so minuet in comparison to the way Christ longs and hurts for His lost children. He is there waiting for us to come.  I anticipate the Gotcha Day with Ella and the celebration we will have as a family when we are finally united. I can't even imagine the celebration on Gotcha Day when a lost child finally comes to find their Heavenly Father!
 
This isn't the best video but I love the song!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment