Sunday, July 29, 2012

Faith, Hope, and Peace

     When I put Avery to bed tonight Cooper came in her room and cuddled up with her and asked if he could say her prayers. His prayer... "Jesus thank you for today, thank you for my sister Avery and everyone you created in this world. Thank you for what you have done for us and thank you for my baby sister Ella. Jesus help her to be safe and bring her home to us quick. Love you Jesus. Amen." Out of the mouth of my six year old! He spoke my heart! With tears in my eyes I tucked them both into bed and couldn't help but think how blessed I am to be their mother.... and how blessed I am to know Ella's sweet face. And one day soon, I will be able to hold her and kiss her and tuck my sweet little precious Ella Hope into bed as well. God is so faithful and I can't even began to paint the picture through words of the journey we've been on over the last few days.
     Friday morning I got an email from Karla (Lifeline's amazing China adoption coordinator). It was from the night before and asked if I was up and could talk. Of course in the back of my head I was thinking... this is it, but I tried my best not to get my hopes up. I knew it was morning in China so she must have some kind of news emailing me at 10:30 at night. I sent her an email back and we finally got time to talk Friday around 10:00 am. She told me we had a file to review but it was not for a special need we had originally requested, but it was for a little girl 18 months old. That in and of itself sold me so I asked her to send it to us. Brandon was out of the state working and I was at school but I opened it to find a little-bitty black and white photo and a lot of chinese paper work! That is how it began.
     Over the next 36 hours Brandon and I talked and continually prayed for wisdom and guidance. I wished I could say it was a quick and easy decision but it wasn't our decision, it was HIS! At the beginning of our journey we claimed the verse Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what you Hope for, and certain of what you do not see." We truly are living that verse.
     Last night we worked with Karla and submitted our letter of intent. We will not be officially matched for about two weeks until we receive our pre-approval status but I feel pretty confident and safe in saying she is ours!
     We celebrated this morning at church with family and friends. God is so good. He makes everything beautiful in His time and if you seek Him first He will give you the desires of your heart. Our pastor preached this morning on Hebrews 11:1. See why I know God is in the middle of this. :) Faith makes us Act!!! When we have everything in our lives figured out then it's not faith. Faith is trusting in God and allowing Him to work all things out. Faith frees us from bondage. Hebrew 11:13.
     Today our Faith is in Him. We have Hope for the future through Him and Peace that passes all understanding. We worship and praise him for bringing Ji Le Huan ~ Ella Le Hope Greer into our lives and can't wait for the day we can bring her home.
     I am physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted and overjoyed from this weekend. I will post more details about our sweet Ella in the next few days. Please pray specifically that she will get all the care and love she possible can until she can come home to us! Thanks friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment