Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Blessed Beyond Measure

     The post is a long time over due. We have had a summer packed with lots of activities and I simply haven't taken the time to update the blog. We first want to tell you how blessed we are to be part of an awesome Sunday School class at North Glencoe Baptist Church. They hosted the Zumbathon and Silent Auction and it was a successful night. We raised over $700 and had a lot of fun! We are truly blessed to be apart of such a wonderful group. We can't say thank you enough to them for their support and friendship. If you are looking for a Sunday School class, come join us!Also thank you to our NGBC family. You are incredible and we would not be where we are today without your unconditional love and support!
      We would also like to thank Chanel Thomas of Bare Your Cross. (You can find her on facebook.) She has generously donated a group of beautiful crosses for us to sale with all the proceeds going to the adoption. She is a special friend and we were truly overwhelmed by her generosity. If you would like to purchase a cross you can find out more information on my facebook page- Meredith Greer.
     We received a letter last week about a grant we applied for back in April, Show Hope is giving us $5,000 to help with funds for the adoption. This organization is already dear to my heart because of my sweet friend Rebecca who is serving at Maria's Big House of Hope. They have helped in blessing so many children and adults over the years and I never dreamed that we too would be included in this family of blessings. God has truly used this organization to further His kingdom.
      I know that God is truly in control of this journey and His hand is on this entire process. He knows the plans He has for us and He is directing our path. When we first set out on this journey I explained to a friend how I knew this was His plan but did not know financially how we could do it when it cost over $30,000. She simply smiled and said, "you will be amazed and the financial issues will not be the things that keep you up at night." I laughed to myself at that time and thought, yeah right, she doesn't know what's in my bank account. But I can honestly stand here and say she was right and with God ALL things are possible even what seems like isn't possible at all. There will always be people who stand in your way and those casting judgment on any choice you make, but I know from this experience that God will always show up and show you a way out, even if it is through a small window, IF you let him be the center of your life.
     "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7: 7-8
     "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. The you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 29: 11-14

Here are a few pictures from the Zumbathon and Silent Auction!


No comments:

Post a Comment