Thursday, January 26, 2012

Preparing the Way

     As part of our education criteria Brandon and I had to attend the International Adoption Clinic at Children's Hospital. It was last Saturday from 8:30 until 5. It was a very long but an informative day. Both of our mom's attended the conference with us and we were really excited to have them there. At the conference they talked a lot about building the childs self image by getting them involved with other adopted children and children of their same race. They also talked about the importance of teaching them about their culture and heritage.
     How blessed we are to already have some amazing Chinese adopted families in our lives. God clearly was making plans for this little one long before we knew. At our church (North Glencoe Baptist Church) we have three other families who have already adopted from China. Just this week we were invited to celebrate the Chinese New Year with this group along with other people from our community. We are so excited and can't wait to go! It will be the first of many Chinese celebrations and it makes my heart smile a little to know that this is a first milestone. It is like the first time I felt Cooper and Avery kick in my belly before they were born. I was so excited and it made me anticipate their arrivial. This Saturday is like "the first kick". I am actually going to a place, with a group of people who can relate and share the joys of Chinese adoption. Today as I write this I have an overwhelming peace knowing my Father knows me, my family, and my soon-to-be daughter. He knows us and the plans He has for us. Plans for a future full of HOPE! Thank you Father... You Are Amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment